Tuesday, June 24, 2008

somtimes you sit there and wonder...why on earth am i doing this...

i was out gardening today...it sounds normal...but with me, you can always guess that there's more to the story...

i always thought that gardeners were tree hugging freaks who had nothing to do with themselves but plants some green and watch them grow... well tonight i realized something...

i was out there looking at my garden, and i noticed weeds...not just few, not a just a handful...EVERYWHERE!!!...they were on the walkway, by al the plants...it would take at least a good hour or two to de-weed this whole dirt-patch...well, not only was the work seemingly impossible, but the conditions made it even more unbearable...

it was later in the afternoon, and guess who decided to show up at my little gardening charade??...yeah... every mosquito in wood county... i could move my hand in the air, and hit abaout four or five in one quick swoop they were so thick...going up my nose...in my shirt sleeves...i could feel them hitting me, and sucking my blood...i'm surprised i dont have the west nile virus...

so i decided to outsmart them with bug spray...

yeah good idea...

the bug spray smelt like a trashcan full of rotton dirty diapers...and i regret even thinking about using it...

no, bad idea...

i would be able to bear the smell if it actually worked, but the mosquitos were just as bad, so now, i smelt, with a swarm of mosquitos around me, all covered in dirt...picking weeds...

what was i thinking...

i am getting eaten alive, all for some weeds...some WEEDS!!!

then it hit me( not the hungry pack of mosquitos...its a metaphor) the reason i will do this, is to see my plants succeed...i planted them from seeds, and i am here watching them grow, and i am in charge of weather they grow or die...

i give them water, and i pull off the dead parts, and i de-weed their surroundings to make their environment more growable...

if i neglect them, they will die...if i dont weed them, their roots will get root bound b ecuase of all the weed roots, if i don't water them they dry up...their sucess depends on me...

and the hardest thing about that fact is that they can't tell me what they need, it's up to me to decide how much to water them, or how much to fluff their dirt, or weed their areas...

so now when i see people being anal gardeners, i know its just love...

some people have thir cats, or children, or sports cars, or whatever...but me...

i have my garden, my beautiful garden

i will go through any trouble to do what it takes to see all my plants grow into the best they can be, in a way they are like my little children...only they don't sass back...

i can'twait to see the fruits of my hard work(literally)...becuase i know that it will all that hard work will go towards my goal...the jucy fruit, and vegetables...yumm

i will really miss them when the winter comes...they will all be dead, and the harvest of my hard work, eaten

i found this verse...and i thought it quite funny because it is about fruit

Strengthen me with raisins,
refresh me with apples,
for I am faint with love
Song of Solomon 2:5

teehee...faint with love of my garden


this is how i do not want my garden to be(althogh it is somewhat metaphorical)


The vine is dried up
and the fig tree is withered;
the pomegranate, the palm and the apple tree—
all the trees of the field—are dried up.
Surely the joy of mankind
is withered away.
Joel 1:12


well if your ever doing somthing and you just don't know why you torture yourself to get it done, just pause and ask yourself, why , how is this benifittin the poeple around me or myself...is this making me a better person and helping grow and develop my faith, or is it a hiderance to my charachter...

i decided gardening was my little new hobby(well have to lookinto winter gardening)...

What yours?

you should post your little side hobbys...

0 comments: