Friday, June 6, 2008

A Garden...planting a seed in a student's life


I have recently picked up gardening because of a botany class i took this year. i used to have a black thumb, but is slowly changing to green...slowly...Taking this class has made me realize, and acknowledge many things about our planet…but first I want to point out that I am not a tree huger…nor do I recycle, and I DO NOT believe in global warming. With that in mind we can continue. Now that school it out I am free to explore the world of plants keeping in mind the things I have learned throughout the year.

This class helped me understand how creative and unimaginably huge and enormous God is. He has a mind that is incomprehensible in size and a love for everything he created that is so strong…even for the smallest mosquito. Have you ever seen a plant database, or a plant book? How big was it? If it was a kindergarten book probably not that big, but most of them are huge from 400 to 40000000 pages!(note: not a true fact, but a sarcastic exaggeration) And let me tell you that we have only written, studied and recorded 1/10 of the worlds plants! There are so many we can’t even find them all, and that’s just the plants!

This realization, at first, made me feel small and insignificant in the eyes of God, but that’s only because I cannot comprehend how massive he is! He can have an intimate relationship with everything in this whole world…at the same time! I am so glad I took this class because it has really brought my relationship with Christ to a deeper level, and it has also inspired me to share this with everyone I know…


Well, I shall see what becomes of my garden…if it lives or not, ill keep you guys updated!


As usual...Rachel

0 comments: