Thursday, February 25, 2010

Power tools, can't live with 'em and you can't live...er...with 'em

yeah, I don’t know why I titled this note that...but today In my art 102 class(which is really a woodshop class that they retitled so people would actually sign up for it) I don’t know a single graphic design major who is like:

"OMG! A woodshop class! I definitely need to get myself put in one of those...no....TWO of those!"

Seriously, I walk into that room everyday and fear for my life...it’s basically death waiting to happen, with wood being thrown all over and saws flying around, and blades and motors screaming "don’t touch me, or you'll die!"
seriously, they say that, it’s a new feature to warn students of the dangers of the machinery...but I guess I’m a "big kid" now so I’m allowed to use and operate these things(without any supervision, mind you!)
usually I’m the person who takes orders from the sawing person...I’m the tool gopher ..."hey Rachel can you get me some nails" "hey Rachel can you get me the hammer" "hey Rachel can you hand me that wrench, and while you’re at it, you can just go home cuz you're basically useless" yeah, I guess it’s time I hone my woodworking skills...

So aside from being utterly terrified of my woods class, I have...

Okay,
I can't think of anything but my woods class, it’s so SCARY...you guys don't even know!...

I guess if I do chop my hand off, I can just go for the whole Captain Hook look, I hear thats in style these days...

0 comments: